[CAUT] HIstorical temperaments and compensation

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Tue Feb 3 11:19:25 PST 2009

What I said:
>I haven't listened to a new digital keyboard in a while but their ET
>temperament bearing usually wasn't anything to brag about...

The operative phrase was:  in a while.

A long while as it works out.  Many, many years ago the few digital keyboards
I listened to did not have a good rendering of ET, so I figured
anything else is
equally disproportionate.  Keyboards have come a long way and hopefully their
temperament sampling has too.  I haven't tried any new digital
keyboards recently
to know if they have. From my experience, they used to be not good
but that might have changed.

ANd it was not a blanket condemnation, just an observation.
--

Regards,

Jon Page