[CAUT] Piano juries on concert instruments

Dennis Johnson johnsond at stolaf.edu
Tue Dec 22 12:05:13 MST 2009

Hi-

This term I didn't even hear exact details about what they were doing for
piano juries, but I just know to have both the #1 and #2 pianos on stage and
ready.  If they use the #1 piano that would only be for top level piano
juries, or as necessary for 2 piano entries.  I came in earlier in the am
this time than ever before but do everything possible before juries start.
After that it's out of my hands and access time is over.  The faculty
understand that also so is ok and they deal with it. Years ago there used to
be a free and open study day before juries or finals.  I wish that would be
reinstated.  It would solve lots of problems, but the faculty want juries
over as quickly as possible.

Dennis Johnson