[CAUT] Happy Holidays! Waay OT:

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Fri Dec 18 17:28:22 MST 2009

Hi y'all!

I'm out of here for two whole weeks!  Never happened before,.....CAUT or
self-employed combined.

I surely love the banter we go and back and forth on!  I hope you and your
families enjoy a restful season and can enjoy even a moment of battery
re-charging time!!

I really enjoy you people, even when opinion stuff happens.... it's the
stuff that makes us better techs, eh?

I'm flying out to Seattle to see my dad (who asked for a piano
recital..Yikes!)  not sure what to play, but his request of Chopin's
Polonaise in A-b is not doable, although I had it down pat some 20 years
ago!) I have a few Chopin things down I can still do, but nothing that
energenic.  I'm throwing in some Oscar Peterson stuff I can scruff
through.  He's 87 years old and is nearly bed ridden in a nice home that I
used to care for all the pianos when I lived there:  A Steinway O, Baldwin
7', Yam c-5 and then some other stuff!...

How much has he seen in his life, born in 1922.. Airplanes were barely in
existance,; ..even was a Commander in WWII,..was in charge of bringing
home troops up and down the east coast after battle, on train lines after
commanding a ship in the Bermuda area searching for enemy subs.  He only
had one encounter, but fortunately, they took care of it;. . I'm not sure
if I'll see him again after this trip...An excuse to play some of the
pianos I tune, eh?? A German U-boat- sub made it to the Bermuda area??
Nice..Thanks Dad!

 Not asking for anything, but a thanks to all our men and women in uniform
who protect this wonderful country.
Best of holidays!

Paul