[CAUT] temperature and pitch

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Sat Dec 12 11:21:11 MST 2009

On Dec 12, 2009, at 8:25 AM, Don wrote:

> Hi Fred,
>
> And what was the relative humidity? Had it changed too?
>
> Did you see a pattern in the unison smearing? I.e. was the bass side
> of the
> unison out in a different pattern than the treble side of the unison?

I did not measure it. I glanced at the dial humidistat on the wall (a
pretty accurate one) and it said around 20%. I have no reason to
suppose it had changed significantly (although I assume when the temp
went down, the RH went up a bit, as the actual air in the building
wouldn't have circulated much: no HVAC system, just a gas heater
suspended from the ceiling). The piano has a full DC system installed.
	No unison smear pattern, just random tweaking needed. Most unisons
needed nothing.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico