[CAUT] Slipperry Ivories

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Tue Dec 8 22:43:10 MST 2009

At 09:17 PM 12/8/2009, you wrote:
>Susan,
>
>So I understand...you scuff a little on the ivory and then work it
>in with your finger/body heat?
>
>David Ilvedson, RPT
>Pacifica, CA  94044

That's the idea, David. I rub it around until I don't see any little
crumbs of it on the ivory, and I've rubbed most of the playing area.
The friction from rubbing it provides the heat to smooth it around.

For the sharps (which are usually more important to make slip-proof
than the naturals) I focus more on the front region of the tops
rather than right back at the tail ends -- fingers will usually be
slipping off the fronts rather than back near the fallboard.

Susan