[CAUT] Slipperry Ivories

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Tue Dec 8 21:58:56 MST 2009

>I have NEVER heard of using beeswax on piano keys--maybe I will try
>it someday, just to see.

The point being, it's easy to keep a little piece of real beeswax in
a small ziploc bag in your kit, so that if an artist complains about
slippery keys, you can fix the problem in minutes. No taking the keys
home and laboriously using steel wool and buffing, hoping to end up
with just the right feeling.

Also, I like reversible techniques. It wouldn't be that hard to take
most of the beeswax back off if necessary, but you can't undo
sanding, buffing, etc.

Susan Kline