[CAUT] slippery keys

Keith Roberts keithspiano at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 10:22:40 MST 2009

Ski resorts are downhill skiing. It is a completely different wax than for
cross country. On xcountry, you need some traction. The wax grips the snow
when you plant your heel on the ski. Downhill wax is designed to make you go
faster. Temperature of snow is what the color coding is. Red wax is a softer
wax than a blue. At least for downhill wax. New xcountry equipment and
waxless skis may have lowered the older wax style availability.
Keith Roberts