[CAUT] Sperrhake Harpsichord wire

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Mon Dec 7 12:10:49 MST 2009

Fred Sturm wrote:
  > It was not a question of intuitive belief. For me it was a
question of
> calculated values. If the formulae through which those values were
> arrived at are faulty, then the values are not reliable.

Yes, I got that.

> Congratulations, you won!

You came out ahead here, because you have better break%
information coming out than you had going in. Better
information is always a win.

I came out ahead, because I hadn't considered friction in a
smaller replacement string being slightly less apt to break,
so I got better information too.

Back to work. Dampers await. Sometimes an elf would be better
than information...
Ron N