[CAUT] Sperrhake Harpsichord wire

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Fri Dec 4 14:20:41 MST 2009

Fred Sturm wrote:

>     The difference in our thinking is that I am basing mine on an
> existing scale, not some theoretical any length/any pitch.

And what you're talking about has nothing to do with the
question of break% change with string replacement in an
existing scale.

>I am assuming
> a scale that either works or comes close. That's what I deal with in the
> real world, so the principles that apply work just fine.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind if I ever have to deal with
anything real world.

>I am not
> stating some theoretical thing to apply to any length or any pitch.
> Obviously there are a lot of impossibilities out there.

I'm seriously beginning to wonder if you have any concept what
I've been talking about, or what the original question
referred to. Every post seems to get farther away.

>     Thanks so much for the formulae, but what I asked for was a
> spreadsheet with a real life piano scale included.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0jyKabLHVc

You have what you need. If you care, it won't be difficult to
use it and find out. If you don't care, nothing else I can say
or do will matter.
Ron N