[CAUT] Sperrhake Harpsichord wire

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Fri Dec 4 11:32:53 MST 2009

On Dec 4, 2009, at 11:06 AM, Ron Nossaman wrote:

>>    Have you actually plugged wire gauges into a spread sheet to
>> verify this?
>
> Of course. Why haven't you?

	I haven't for a couple reasons, the most basic being that I don't
have such a spread sheet set up, and since my own work doesn't involve
its use, I haven't gone to that trouble. So if you have such a
spreadsheet set up, and would go to the trouble to email it to me,
perhaps you could persuade me of the error of my ways. One with a
scale (including speaking lengths) of any piano already entered would
do, plain wire portion only needed.
	The other reason is that my experience has confirmed what my (in my
opinion) rational thought predicted, so I found no need. But since you
raise doubt, I'd love to confirm the "rational thought" by calculation.
	Anyone else is welcome to send such a spreadsheet as well. It would
be nice to settle this question once and for all, rather than dispute
over it.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico