[CAUT] Sperrhake Harpsichord wire

Richard Adkins RADKINS at coe.edu
Fri Dec 4 10:10:35 MST 2009

You may want to investigate "Pure Sound" wire. He has both soft and hard
versions. Also, he has breaking points of these wire gauges in a nice
 chart. I'm sure one of us here can supply a formula for you to use if you
have the measurments from the instrument and pitch frequency to see
how near the breaking point you'd be.

http://www.puresound-wire.com/

click on "Wire Data"

He does not list the soft/vs hard wire on that spread sheet...click on "Other Wires" for
that info.

Juan will be happy to communicate  via email with you on this, and may even call
you by phone!

Jurgen Goering sells his wire, by the way. But I don't know what he has in stock.

Jurgen Goering
Piano Forte Supply
(250) 754-2440
info at pianofortesupply.com
http://www.pianofortesupply.com

Please check with him for prices, as my last quote
was from 2007.
I would love to restring our Neupert in this wire, but sofar, only
the top string has broken. I might get some, but don't need all that
much to keep around. I only need one string right now, and maybe some
back up strings. The Neupert also does not have the scale on it, but
they are still in business and I probably can write to them to get
the scale. Wound strings for the 16' could be a problem.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. X
Cheers,
Richard Adkins
Coe College