[CAUT] Sperrhake Harpsichord wire

G Cousins cousins_gerry at msn.com
Fri Dec 4 09:58:16 MST 2009

Fred,

You are correct my friend. Spool is the wrong word. Coil is more accurate. I keep mine stored in rather large boxes (12x12) to allow the wire to remain in a relaxed state. I learned this from an old builder. Silica bag and rust control too.

As another aside, I use miniature clamps to old the loops on the hitch during stringing to keep the wire from jumping the hitch.
GC