[CAUT] Practicing on concert instruments...again...

Alan Crane alan.crane at wichita.edu
Thu Dec 3 17:11:29 MST 2009

On Thursday 03 December 2009 02:28:54 pm Jim Busby wrote:
> I know we’ve gone over this time and again, but…

Thanks for the heads-up, Jim.

I'll pass the word to our performing faculty and the artists that come through
here that BYU no longer has any dedicated concert instruments on its stages.
They ought to know what's available (or not) if they're asked to play there
(and also that what they find there isn't the fault of the technicians!).

Ok, I said that, and don't mind if you quote me (but I probably won't begin
until you let us know its actually a reality).       :)

Maybe this administrator's tenure there will be as short as his outlook.
You might ask if it would be ok for students to practice (not piano) in his
office when he's not using it for 'high level' work... oh well, its a
thought.    :)

Good luck!

--
Regards,