[CAUT] Practicing on concert instruments...again...

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Thu Dec 3 15:28:37 MST 2009

Fred,

Well then... between you and Don that shoots down my soundboard rant. (Didn't think I'd get away with it, but just hoping <G>)

You're right about the real issue here; maintenance. That's where I need to go with this. String fatigue, hammer wear and general wear/regulation issues seem to be the route to go. We truly DON'T have the time to maintain these as concert instruments AND practice pianos!

Regards,
Jim