[CAUT] your father's butt

Mccoy, Alan amccoy at ewu.edu
Thu Dec 3 11:52:00 MST 2009

Well. Two questions. Were you to be enlightened about this, what would you do with the information? Are you offering any incentive?
:-)

Alan

________________________________
From: Ron Nossaman <rnossaman at cox.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 21:16:08 -0800
To: Pianotech <pianotech at ptg.org>, CAUTlist <caut at ptg.org>
Subject: [CAUT] your father's butt

Ok, now that I have your attention, I have a question. It's a
question I ask every couple of years or so on these lists, and
no one's come up with an answer yet. It's up on the wheel
again, and with the number of recovering Baldwin employees
extant, I keep hoping someone has a name to put on this stuff.
It's a faux butt and catcher leather found in Baldwin
verticals prior to Corfam. It's the sticky black stuff, that
degenerates into stickier black dust until it wears to the
backing, beyond which it generates a weird sort of web. Maybe
it's "Cob"? Does anyone, please, know anything about this evil
stuph? Yea, I know it needs replaced, but I'd really like an ID.

Thanks, maybe
Ron N