[CAUT] DC3 and Dampp-chasers

Dr. Henry Nicolaides drsnic4 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 27 12:06:29 MDT 2009

I researched this last year rather extensively.  As long as the humidifer tray(s) is/are "isolated" from the electronics you should be good to go.  I would route the electronics differently if needed to play it safe.  I put in calls to Yamaha/Disklavier and to Dampp-chaser and others and got mixed opinions based on a lot of speculation.  No one had any horror stories.  I look forward to hearing the dialogue.

Henry Nicolaides
Piano Technician, School of Music
Southern Illinois University
1000 S. Normal Avenue