[CAUT] Benches

Keith Jones kjones22 at du.edu
Mon Aug 24 10:12:40 MDT 2009

Hello CAUT people,

We have a bunch of piano benches that came with our Boston Uprights. The black finish has worn through and peeled off in some places, and they all look terrible. We have a facilities manager who wants to put some work study students to work with some spray cans to see if we can make them look nicer. Has anyone had success refinishing these benches? I have a feeling that this is a bigger job than our facilities manager thinks. Any advice?

Keith Jones
Piano Technician
Lamont School of Music
University of Denver