[CAUT] Office square footage

Zeno Wood zeno.wood at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 15:51:28 MDT 2009

Hello all,

We're in the planning stage of a new music building, and at this point we're
looking at blueprints.  The plans seem to change pretty drastically every
couple of months, as the college deals with cost overruns etc.  The piano
technician's office is getting smaller and smaller!  I'd like to be able to
talk about other CAUT's work conditions as I advocate for a little more
space.

As it is now, I have a small and cramped office, with a workbench, desk,
file cabinet, small table, metal storage cabinet, and a wheelie cart.  I
also have some storage space under the stage, and in a little closet on the
other side of the building.  I can do bench regulation and action rebuilding
in the office.  I do some restringing, but only over the summer when all the
students are away and I can work in a classroom/studio.

If you have a similar situation, I'd appreciate hearing how big a space you
have, and also what sort of light/window/door set up there is.

Thanks in advance,
Zeno Wood
Brooklyn College