[CAUT] CAF

Mark Cramer cramer at brandonu.ca
Mon Aug 17 11:53:53 MDT 2009

I agree that the cushions are there for a purpose, and on one occasion where
they needed to be thinned, I actually had to shorten the regulating screws
as well (clicking), though these were still well below the shank-rest line.

All the same, I'm curious if our colleague (sorry I've dumped my deletes)
with the action with the CAF problems tried winking the jack to see if the
height regulating-button is bobbling (spring too weak to hold the lever
down)?

If it's bobbling, adding cushion thickness might mask the problem, but it
sure as heck won't fix it.

I'd also be real curious as to how many of our suspected CAF causes could
actually pass the (2) jack tests and still fail to repeat?

Mark Cramer,
Brandon University