[CAUT] after ring on bass damper

Joe Goss imatunr at srvinet.com
Sun Aug 2 12:45:29 MDT 2009

Hi,  Samic products back about 5 to 8 years have pinning problems The center
pin issue can not be eased with any oil or sizing method. Only repining will
work.
The cause is a combination of too much glue, graphite on the bushing or
flaking of the plating on the center pin.
So far I have not had a call back on the ones that have been reamed for the
correct size center pin.
One piano had a sudden seizing only after 30 minutes of playing. Almost
could set your watch to it. Very hard to catch the offending center pin on
the wippen assembly.

Joe Goss BSMusEd MMusEd RPT
imatunr at srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com