[CAUT] pin-block plugging?

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Thu Apr 30 11:09:20 PDT 2009

Mark

Instead of plugging, have you considered impact resin, or some other epoxy type of treatment? I've done about a dozen repairs on blocks, and even one whole pin block. The only down side is the feel of the pin. Although it holds, and the torque is in the 60 - 80 in pound range. it feels different than wood. But it does the job.

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
Mililani, Oahu, HI
808-349-2943