[CAUT] Baldwin Accujust

Sloane, Benjamin (sloaneba) sloaneba at ucmail.uc.edu
Wed Apr 29 12:59:24 PDT 2009

   "I've always assumed... that makes the Baldwin so difficult to tune"

Part of that is the tightest pin block in the industry. I know a guy who was a piano tech at a school in PA. Dad. He showed me once when visiting the enlarged tuning pin on an SD he installed after breaking off a pin that wouldn't turn. He drilled it out. Sometimes the Baldwin Concert Grand will start rolling across the stage before the pin will start turning, if it ever does.
   Some attribute the stability of the Baldwin to the downbearing. I think it has something to do with the pin block as well. A pain to get in tune, but it stays there if you do it right.