[CAUT] Job Outlook

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Sun Apr 26 21:32:43 PDT 2009

Evan

I think you might be a couple of weeks early. Although there were a couple of openings,?most of the college jobs didn't start advertising until mid May or later.

As far as the number of CAUT positions diminishing, I don't think so.?Some schools might reduce the funding, which will mean lower pay and smaller budgets, but I don't think too many schools are going to eliminate their music departments. The recession is hurting a lot of schools, but it will not last more than a year, after which it is predicted that there will be a long and strong recovery.

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
Mililani, Oahu, HI
808-349-2943