[CAUT] string level

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Sat Apr 25 16:39:37 PDT 2009

On Apr 25, 2009, at 2:08 PM, Fred Sturm wrote:

> The hard part is machining the bottom of the steel to be square and
> flat, but I did it with careful hand work using a file and a stone.

	With a wee bit more thought, this step is quite easy, if you have a
table belt sander (as I do, but it didn't occur to me). Just take it
through the grits, 320, 600, using the t-square and table. Much more
reliable than hand work with file and stone - it's easy to get off a
straight line with hand/arm motions.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico