[CAUT] CAUT appropriate

Rob & Helen Goodale rrg at unlv.nevada.edu
Sat Apr 25 09:45:47 PDT 2009

Exactly my thought.  Sorry if things get a little off topic here but it seems to be the only "worthy" list going right now.  "Pianotech" has gone downright silly and to hell in a hand basket.  I was a member since nearly it's beginning long, long ago.  In the old days it was a worthy list that had a lot of well known reputable people on it.  We had good clean fun too, but you could always post and know that you would be getting what you came for.  For all practical purposes it was the "Piano Tech Cafe" where techs met for their morning coffee and could have intelligent conversation and also have a little fun.  Then the silly people started to arrive including outside enthusiasts who are not even technicians.  The "good" people slowly abandoned it and the air grew foul in there.  Now I can barely stand it.  A while back for whatever unknown reason it stopped being delivered and I got a message that my email was bouncing.  Eventually it disconnected me automatically and I never bothered to fix it.   I started asking myself  "why"?

I am a university tech and therefore belong here, and as Jeff mentioned there are always things university related things to talk about.  It seems otherwise that CAUT has become very similar to what the OLD pianotech was like years ago which is VERY refreshing.  Now having said that, if someone is daring enough to take the initiative to start a new list from scratch that is more difficult for outsiders and goof balls to get onto, I'm all for it.  We would need to think of a creative way to keep the wrong people out, however.

Rob Goodale, RPT
UNLV tech, Las Vegas