[CAUT] How do you spell fraud?

Richard Adkins RADKINS at coe.edu
Fri Apr 24 07:48:01 PDT 2009

Rob

I'm not so sure what you're seeing is fraud, I think it
is just plain ignorance or stupidity. Perhaps the piano
was "modernized". You'd have to look it over.

Craigs list is laughable....

Here's a Starr Upright in "MINT CONDITION"!...only $300

http://cedarrapids.craigslist.org/msg/1128942645.html

very nice "mint" alligatored case....or maybe it smells like
mint from being in the basement low these many years?
Gosh, I can smell the mold as I type!

:-)

Ya gotta laugh....maybe they should look up "mint condition"
on wikipedia or something. Evidently they have a computer.

The serial number in that Steinway is missing a few digits, I think if it is not correct. Probably you can find the correct # on the case.

 I  suspect the case could have been been altered somehow to look modern.
(Who would do that!)

Is it a fraud or something else? Would you want to spend your valuable time finding out on your own?
Calling in the police is kind of extreme, don't you think?
Anyhow, anyone wanting to buy a piano had better have a technician examine it first! (I'm sure we all agree.)

Cheers,

Richard Adkins
Coe College