[CAUT] fortepiano parts?

G Cousins cousins_gerry at msn.com
Thu Apr 23 16:38:24 PDT 2009

I offer this (modified) prayer:

God, grant me the Senility

To forget the pianos

I never liked anyway,

The good fortune

To run into, and work on the ones I do,

And the eyesight, hearing and scope of knowledge

To tell the difference.

Regards,
Gerry C

Is est quinque alicubi

From: johnsond at stolaf.edu
To: caut at ptg.org
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 18:23:54 -0500
Subject: Re: [CAUT] fortepiano parts?

Say a little prayer..... it helps.
D.
Sent from my iPhone
On Apr 23, 2009, at 5:06 PM, Paul T Williams <pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu> wrote:

Hi CAUT!

I may have asked this before, so sorry,
but who sells forte-piano parts? Malcolm Bilson is coming to UNL this fall,
and I feel I should have some supplies, parts, etc.  We've really
been lucky for the past 2 years since Robert Murphy paid a call and got
this old beast up to snuff.  I really don't want to tell him that
there's nothing I can do if something breaks!  Should I have a whole
set of everything?  I really don't have the budget, and nobody really
plays it, so...How does one deal with this for a one time show, plus two
weeks of instruction for students.  Apparantly, this s a big thing
for the director of the Lied Center next door, who's budget gives $4,000
for the entire year of upkeep of their Steinway D, 2 B's and a Walter upright....many
tunings and concerts..... The D is at The Piano People for a 75% rebuld....no
soundboard, sadly due to budget crunches.., but nicely done, I hope by
them....including new Kluge keys.  (It was really a mess when it left!!)

Advise is warmly welcome!!

Paul