[CAUT] haprsichord information

Andrew Anderson andrew at andersonmusic.com
Wed Apr 22 17:37:51 PDT 2009

A customer of mine obtained a Challis harpsichord and I must say that
I really enjoyed it.  The last string in the high register snapped
before it would go into tune.  I'm going to have to look into resizing
it.  I need some more jacks for the lower register, three if I recall
correctly.

When I sat down to tune it I was surprised how close to in-tune it was
after more then a year from its last service and a move.  It seems to
have a metal soundboard.  My wife gave a recital on it and a Sauter I
sold them.  I may not have discriminating ears for harpsichords but it
sounded great to me.

Andrew Anderson, Artisan Piano