[CAUT] Plummet stone was Steinway or Forgery?

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr at srvinet.com
Wed Apr 22 10:20:23 PDT 2009

Hi Marcel,
He mostlikely  is rubbing the exposed surface with the stone to removw rust pockets. The supply houses use to cary a rubber eraser impregnated with grit for this.
I just use my brass seating rod as with it one usually does not need to remove the action.
Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr at srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com