[CAUT] Concert grand casters

Bill Keller bkeller3 at verizon.net
Wed Apr 15 19:01:22 PDT 2009

Can anyone tell me if the large brass concert grand casters are serviceable.
At Swarthmore College we have a S&S D with Hamburg Legs with these casters.
I am being told by the Concert hall manager that the casters do not lock
tightly any more no matter how tightly you turn the brake knobs. Has anyone
experienced this symptom with this type caster? I do not see an obvious way
to get them apart for cleaning or repair. These are the ones like the
CRB-46B casters from the Pianotek cat. p A-42. Any suggestions to avoid the
costs of new casters would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance for any responses.

Bill Keller