[CAUT] Weikert felt; was 80 year old S&S hammers

Ed Sutton ed440 at mindspring.com
Wed Apr 15 13:04:29 PDT 2009

Fred-

You're clever.
Can't you turn this into some sort of equation or chart?

Something like:

Flexible board + low tension scale + low downbearing = low impedence
needs
Soft hammer + light strike weight + high ratio = fast, light impact?

Stiff board + high tension scale + high downbearing = high impedence
needs
Hard hammer + heavy strike weight + low ratio = slow, hard impact

Is this making sense?

Ed