[CAUT] Another Baldwin Question/backchecks

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Tue Apr 14 11:32:20 PDT 2009

That all checked out, BUT, the angle of the backcheck is way to
shallow...like 11 or 12 degrees.  I beleive 17 is a better angle, no? I
also need to check the hammer tail radii as well.  The rest of the action
is nicely in regulation.

I know some of y'all like different radius for tails.  Is there a real
"standard" or a range?

Thanks
Paul

Ron Nossaman <rnossaman at cox.net>
Sent by: caut-bounces at ptg.org
04/14/2009 12:21 PM
Please respond to
caut at ptg.org

caut at ptg.org
cc

Subject
Re: [CAUT] Another Baldwin Question/backchecks

Paul T Williams wrote:

> So,
>
> Just like Steinway?
>
> Paul

Pretty much. It's got to clear the hammer tail during the
power stroke, yet catch the hammer close to the string. Ain't
too many positioning options that'll do that.
Ron N