[CAUT] Weikert felt; was 80 year old S&S hammers

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Mon Apr 13 12:25:01 PDT 2009

Thanks Ed.

JB

-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces at ptg.org] On Behalf Of A440A at aol.com
Sent: Monday, April 13, 2009 1:21 PM
To: caut at ptg.org
Subject: Re: [CAUT] Weikert felt; was 80 year old S&S hammers

Jim asks:
<< So, is this just another hammer option, or is this a "home run! You
gotta try these!"? What would you put them on? Concert instruments, everything?

       I don't know what different venues would like,  I know that these
hammers will never satisfy the record producers in Nashville, who like a
crashy, bright sound.  I have them on a 1927 M and it has that full, round sound
that I have heard before from original Mason & Hamlins.  The malleability of
the tone is what is attractive to me; the pianissimo is big and round, and
with increasing force, the brilliance begins to appear.  New, the hammers
are too soft for full range, but I suspect that with play, they will have the
magic combination.  I am not scared to harden them if needed, but I really
want to put a few sets in the school's heavy use rooms and see if they don't
wake up all by themselves.
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT
 <BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>The Average US Credit Score is 692. See
Yours in Just 2 Easy Steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221621489x1201450100/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%
3Fsc%3D668072%26hmpgID%3D62%26bcd%3DAprilAvgfooterNO62)</HTML>