[CAUT] Inventory

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Tue Apr 7 06:58:53 PDT 2009

Hi Dave,

Along with our 420 pianos here at BYU, we have about 5 keyboards in practice rooms. We also have a “lab” with about 30 which are used in composition. They have computers all the bells and whistles that midi uses. Another piano class room with about 30. Now, WE (Keith and I) thankfully don’t have anything to with these things. The local music store is over the whole shebang and rotates them out every year. They conduct a “sale” once a year here (which we also have nothing to do with) and that is how they make their money.

Soooo… yes, I feel it’s good to have a few in practice rooms because some kids need ‘em. They’re toys to me, but they can definitely do a lot that a piano can’t.  But I’m glad that I have nothing to do with them!

Regards,
Jim