[CAUT] reaming prior to oversize pins?

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Fri Apr 3 10:32:57 PDT 2009

Henry,

Whatever Ron Nossaman says. I'd do...

That being said, I don't like reamers but will occasionally resize in the piano (using the Nossaman "hovercraft" drill press) with a regular drill bit. It can be done by hand, but there is too much room for "jumping" and sway at the top; the most important part NOT to oversize.

If the piano has this problem it probably needs restringing too. You may want to do the whole nine yards.

Jim Busby BYU