[CAUT] Syllabus in Piano Technology

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Tue Sep 23 18:06:32 MDT 2008

Alan McCoy collected various materials, but on the notion of a course
about the piano (in some depth, with various levels of contact from
full semester to one day presentation) for the general music student
(especially those playing piano), leading to understanding the
instrument. From what you say below, I am assuming you are after
"becoming a piano technician" instead. If you need the other sort, say
so and I can pass along some things, including an outline I did
recently for a couple in depth presentations to piano majors. Teaching
someone the trade, that's a completely different kettle of fish.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico
fssturm at unm.edu