[CAUT] Which side to yank the butterfly spring?

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Wed Sep 17 20:57:05 MDT 2008

> It seems to me this would be a good policy - snap the spring out to the
> bass side when adjusting spring tension.
>
> I don't recall reading or being taught to do it this way. Have I missed
> something, or am I imagining that something insignificant really matters?
>
> Ed Sutton

No help here. I've always done this spring bending left
handed, which means toward the bass side. I expect that a
multi million dollar research project with a bunch of
technoids trying it from both directions would ultimately and
definitively prove that - it depends on the individual. A good
observation , but likely a historical blow-by in the end.

Ron N