[CAUT] For Les and Avery

Avery Todd ptuner1 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 09:39:27 MDT 2008

Thanks, Jeff.

Glad to hear that you're pretty much OK. Actually, I've heard that mostly,
in the Houston area, the problem with gas isn't the supplies. It's the lack
of power to run the pumps. I heard yesterday that over 2 million people
still don't have power. I've decided to stay at my sister's until at least
Friday or Saturday. I heard from David Porritt today that there are highway
signs around up here advising people not to try to return to Galveston or
Houston because of the gas problem. They're not even letting people IN to
Galveston yet and it may be several weeks before they do. No power, gas,
water, ice, supplies, etc., etc. Most of the 20,000 or so idiots who decided
to stay there are now sorry they did and are trying desperately to get out!
It's a real mess in that whole area!

Avery Todd