[CAUT] False Beats Steinway B

Keith Roberts keithspiano at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 15:06:35 MDT 2008

If there is a lot visible, usually there is less pin in the bridge. That
would cause false beats to happen easier.

In the case of the 8foot ground stakes, they are labeled so the inspector
can tell if you cut off the top after you couldn't get it to go in all the
way. That isn't true of bridge pin. You have no way of knowing how long the
pins are or how deep they are driven. Especially if they cut the tops off.
There could be some short ones.

Keith Roberts