[CAUT] False beats Steinway B

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Tue Sep 9 08:53:04 MDT 2008

Dan,

You're right. Add another thing to try. When I get through with this thread I hope to have "The Definitive List of Trouble Shooting for False Beats", or some such thing.

Yours is not as obvious as say, changing the string, but I remember Ron Conner having to come all the way to Salt Lake City to "fix" a new D that the "Steinway tech" (Anti PTG fellow) couldn't fix. It was what you said.  It also corrected a tone and volume issue on that piano.

Thanks.
Jim