[CAUT] Knabe available

Rob & Helen Goodale rrg at unlv.nevada.edu
Wed Sep 3 23:06:32 MDT 2008

Hello fellow techs,

I have a 5'3 ebony Knabe in my shop that needs a good home.  The piano needs a complete rebuild including a pin block but the sound board is good.  I see only three VERY small cracks which do not extend across the entire board, (and that's in a desert climate).  The piano formerly had an Ampico unit which has been removed.  The original lyre is missing but I found one that can work, in fact it is currently installed.   Fully restored this should be a fine instrument.  The piano was restrung I'd guess a very long time ago and they painted the plate covering the serial number so I can't provide an exact date, but I think it would be accurate to place it's age in the mid 1920s.

I don't have the time to rebuild it right now and presently I'd rather have the room it's taking in the shop.  I'm not really certain what to ask for it so I'll just open it up to offers.  I will be happy to arrange shipping, (at your expense of course), or your welcome to come and get it yourself.

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV