[CAUT] S&S Key Bushings

Chris Solliday csolliday at rcn.com
Thu Oct 30 09:31:45 MST 2008

I would not recommend using heat in general with sizing solutions although
some glues can take it and the heat may provide a quicker process overall.
In other words I have used it and abused it and you can get away with it in
the field if you're in a hurry but you have to be careful not to loosen the
bushing in the process. So would I tell a novice to do it that way? NO.
 One or two drops on the pin face of the bushing and a cold caul .003-.005
set to dry overnight for the front rail and the same size as the pin or .001
over for the balance rail. The variation depends on the age of the bushing
and the variation in pin sizes throughout the set. Like most everything we
do you'll get a feel for it over time.
Chris Solliday