[CAUT] set of C forks

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Tue Oct 28 20:25:27 MST 2008

Hi all,
	I found this set of C forks next to the piano in a customer's house
today. Rather a curiosity. C3, C4, C5, C6 and C7. The big one in the
middle is C7, the thin one on the bottom is C3. They are not quite
standard pitch (either 435 or 440), but rather that "powers of 2"
series of frequencies: 128, 256, 512, 1024, and 2048 (numbers stamped
on each fork). The owner knew nothing about them. I suspect they might
have been intended for other than tuning (hearing tests?), but really
have no idea. Maybe someone on the list knows something. Anyhow,
something curious.

100_0998.JPG

Regards,
Fred Sturm