[CAUT] fortepiano wire

Israel Stein custos3 at comcast.net
Sun Oct 5 18:15:11 MDT 2008

F-------------- Original message ----------------------
From: pianotech-request at ptg.org

>From:		"David's Email" <ilvey at sbcglobal.net>  [ Save Address ]
>Reply-to:		Pianotech List <pianotech at ptg.org>
>To:		"Pianotech" <pianotech at ptg.org>
>Date:		Sat, 4 Oct 2008 21:26:18 -0700

>DUH....sorry, yes fortepiano...a you can see, I don't know much about them...

>This is a Hestor fortepiano...I don't know the date of birth at this time...

>David Ilvedson

 Rich Hester builds a 5-octave Walter copy and a 6 1/2 octave Graf copy. Should
be easy enough to tell which one you have. Why not contact Rich Hester and ask
him about the scale?

Website:

<http://www.maxinter.net/services/webpub/custom2/>

He has information sheets available as follows (copied from his website):

    *  Introducing a fortepiano into a Music Department
    * Setting up the fortepiano in a balanced humidity piano studio
    * Maintenance and technical support
    * Further perspectives on new Viennese fortepiano sound in relation to its historical context

If you are interested in recieving any of these informational pieces, please
contact Richard Hester by phone at 518-756-8654.

Once you get the scales from him, you can order the wire from Instrument
Workshop in Oregon - <www.fortepiano.com>. If Lutz Bungart is not operating this shop any more (I
heard rumors to that effect) you can try Hubbard Harpsichords in Sudbury, Massachusetts -
they have a supply house too:  <http://www.hubharp.com/>

Israel Stein