[CAUT] grand piano covers?

Keith Kopp keith_kopp at byu.edu
Fri Oct 3 14:37:29 MDT 2008

Mark,

At BYU we found a need for what you are talking about. We had a special cover made for us by our costume shop that is what we are calling a lid cover. It hangs down over the lid about two inches instead of floor-length. It has a pocket for the folding lid so it stays covered closed and open. That part is held together by velco so it can be taken off when need. These covers stay in place at all times especially during rehearsal times when conductors what to place music scores and such things on the piano saving them from scratches. They are then removed only for concerts. They have worked very well for us. We did send a proto type to Dennis Haley and asked him if he wanted to produce them. He did not want to do so at this time. Since our costume shop did want to make any more we have approached one of their employee to make them for us on the side. She has been working on trial a cover and expect her final version any day now. Everyone who has seen these have loved them and think they are great idea.

Keith