[CAUT] CCM goes "All Steinway"

Kendall Ross Bean kenbean at pacbell.net
Sat Nov 22 13:44:02 PST 2008

Oooooooo. Careful Ed....

~Kendall

-----Original Message-----
From: Ed Sutton [mailto:ed440 at mindspring.com]
Sent: Friday, November 21, 2008 11:10 AM
To: Wolfley, Eric (wolfleel); College and University Technicians
Subject: Re: [CAUT] CCM goes "All Steinway"

I don't understand the common lack of interest in many wonderful pianos.

Alex Galembo did an experiment many years ago in the Soviet Union. Concert
artists were convinced they could recognize the sound of the Steinway piano,
and that it was the superior piano. When they were not able to see the
pianos, their accuracy dropped to random chance.

es