[CAUT] tone building for impatient pianists

Rick Florence Rick.Florence at asu.edu
Thu Nov 20 21:05:19 PST 2008

If you are happy with ppp through mf, I would hesitate juicing over the crown.  Are you sure you have enough resiliency in the shoulders to allow f-fff? If so, you may try adding a few drops from each side at the tip of the molding.  Not so much that it soaks up to the surface.  I use a medium to light dilution, depending on how much punch I am looking to add.
Rick Florence
Senior Piano Technician
Arizona State University
School of Music