[CAUT] tone building for impatient pianists

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Thu Nov 20 19:58:45 PST 2008

In the manufacturer's data sheet (you can usually find these on line) the
solids ratios are listed and you are correct, the Steinway 3:1 ratio is
based on an already diluted solution.  8:1 or 9:1 will be the equivalent for
most off the shelf lacquers.  There is a thread on this in the archives
(pianotech) from a year or more back in which Schandall's input on the
solids content of S&S lacquer is included.  Perhaps someone has  saved
something from that and can communicate the date and name.

David Love

www.davidlovepianos.com