[CAUT] VS Profelt

Dan Reed pianoarts at tx.rr.com
Mon Nov 17 20:24:26 PST 2008

Jon,

How about VSP with H2) and steam???

I have some Lanolin in tube/ cream form....I'm waiting for a nightmare
hard rock set of hammers to come along.. to try Lanolin, with maybe
.01%  pre-diluted with H2O, with the steam technique...

I have been impressed with the results of steam..and the uniform
controllability, and immediate reversibility (dry ironing)  of the
steam process...

Kawai suggested in a service manual years ago, to use  shoulder
squeezing... I have not been able to reduce high partial noise
uniformly from note to note, using the parraallel closing key easing
pliers....although is seems like a good technique (squeezing the
shoulders)  to use one the low shoulder...

Dan