[CAUT] damp chaser vs room humidifers

Andrew Anderson andrew at andersonmusic.com
Wed Nov 12 20:38:49 PST 2008

Definitely better then nothing at all.  You will be the judge as to
how effective it is.  You can get hygrometers that record highs and
lows and you can see after a few days/week how well the room
stabilizes.  The tuning stability will make it audibly measurable too
and this is what will indicate if the board and glue joints are
enjoying better protection.

With a full DC system, undercover and stringcover I can tune a piano
that is played daily and have it stay in great tune for six months at
a time despite changing weather.  For me that is worth it.

Andrew Anderson